Fucsia Melon Top & Skirt with Roses Designs
Photos of these lovely embroidered dress have been emailed to us by Maria Antonieta Amador from Mexico. Maria Antonieta, thank you for the great project and terrific instruction (read below)! The roses designs are out of Roses Allure set.
Roses Set Number 2, cross stitch machine embroidery design and applicable thread.
Fabric: Cotton linen 1.90 meters (150 cm wide)
Sewing Patterns: “Simplicity 9179” for top making round neck at front and “Simplicity” 4935-A for skirt, with extra length (80 cm); both in size M.
1. Following pattern instructions, i cut the tank top and skirt in cotton linen fabric, made the overlock sew to all separate pieces and create the location of embroidery designs (same in front and back) as follows:
2. Embroidered the designs using the next colors:
a. Dark green, olive green, light green and black edge for leaves
b. Red wine, medium pink, baby pink and black edge for roses.
3. Sew together all the embroidered pieces for top and skirt
4. Finish top and skirt with views and hems.
Click here to navigate to Roses Allure set. Or, you may get yourself a Combo pack with 31 roses designs, and 2 matching fonts. Since it's a very large set, you get a large built in quantity discount on it.
1. To embroider on stretchy fabric, like this suit, you'll need to stabilize the fabric carefully with thin, yet strong stabilizer. You may get No Show Mesh cutaway for this purpose.
2. For embroidery on jersey, knits or any other fabric that has tendency to absorb stitches - remember to use water soluble topping film. It will prevent embroidery stitches from sinking into the fabric. And after embroidery is finished, you just wash it away in warm water.